Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Relationship problems!!!!

Dear Jenna,
i'm in a very tuff situation! My boyfriend and I are having a lot of issues. Everyday a fight breaks out for no reason and it's really upsetting. We are both very hardheaded so it makes things worse because neither one of us wants to admit were wrong. I love him a lot though, we have been through hell and back together.. we have been together for 3 years. I love him so much and i'm afraid to loose him, but are relationship is on its last strings. Now for the new problem.... i recently discovered that i am pregnant. i am 100% against child abortion, but at the same time i don't want to bring a baby into a recently broken relationship that could end at any point. I don't want it to end and at the same time i do if it's only going to be constant bickering. I dont know how to bring up the baby.. im really scared he is going to walk out and leave me to deal with this on my own.. usually he wouldnt do that but lately its just been really thin ice. I only found out 2 days ago at the doctor that i am pregnant. This has been bugging me for 2 days because i don't know how to bring it up to him. Sometimes i can see myself with him, and sometimes i can see myself with someone else, which is how i know that maybe this relationship isn't ment to  be anymore. I really don't know what i should do about the baby and the relationship. I wish the relationship would go back to the normal ways, and that we could calmy without arguing figure out what we are going to do about the baby. I am 21 so a baby right now isn't extreme but i always wanted to be married before i had a child to avoid situations such as these. I need a good way to tell my boyfriend about the baby, a way that isn't to overpowering and just gets the point out there. i don't want to be in a relationship that could fall apart at any minute with just an accidental word.. please help! Thanks!
- nervous and in love


Dear Nervous and in love,
I am also someone who is against abortion, so i would never recommend that to anyone. There are other options out there for these types of situations. You can put your new born up for adoption if you feel like you just simply can't have it. The decision is all yours, only you know if you want to keep the baby or not. Maybe you plan to put it up for adoption, but your mind might change after you give birth and see the baby.
As far as your relationship goes, I go by this quote "when love is real...it finds a way." If you aren't feeling it anymore though, then maybe it isn't meant to be, or maybe you are just fed up with all the bickering. If you still love him, and don't want to loose him, than you want to be with him. Picturing yourself with someone else while you are in a relationship is completely normal, as long as you don't go for it and you keep them as fantasies. Cheating is never good and it's never the answer. Take a day or 2 to think about it, if you want to continue this relationship then sit down with him and ask him to talk calmy no arguing involved. Talk about what's bothering both of you and try and work through it. Communication is extremely important in relationships. Maybe that's all your missing. If you still need a little work, try couples counseling. The choice is all yours, it's your life. If you want the baby and you think it's a good idea, then have it. If you want your relationship to last, then work on it and make it better so it does. Wishing you the best of luck!
-Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment