Thursday, December 20, 2012

What does this mean?

Dear Jenna,
For 6 weeks i have been dating this man, and it was good. But, I got divorced only a couple of months ago and I have a 2 year old daughter. I could see that every time my ex husband phoned or visited my daughter it affected him and he looked upset and unhappy, and I cannot do that to someone. He does not deserve all this baggage in his life.

This afternoon I explained everything to him via text and said that he deserves to meet someone who does not have such a lot of issues and broke it off. I really meant well.

He has not replied. I don't expect him to, but does that mean he does not even care about it?
-kimmy
 
 
Dear Kimmy,
First of all, it really isn't right to break it off with someone via text. No offense, but it is kind of heartless. I honestly don't think you thought this whole situation through before you ended things. This guy has been dating you for 6 weeks, he likes you. If he felt the baggage was crazy he would have ended things with you with in the first 2 weeks. He would know for himself if the baggage was too much. There is baggage in everyone's life, not just yours. Everyone has a past. The fact that you have a 2 year old daughter, this guy understands that your ex husband is going to be in your life still regaurdless. He might have looked unhappy because he really likes you. If it affected him in anyway, he would have shared that with you. I know that if i was dating a guy, and he had a daughter and we went to see her and the wife was there I would probably not look so happy either because she had him first, and she has a kid with him. Anyone would act that way.. anyone, and i would be extremely heart broken if someone broke it off with me because they didn't think i was strong enough to handle the baggage that the relationship comes with.. and via text message too. I would call him back, and ask him to come over and talk.. if he can handle the baggage with you, then there is honestly no reason at all to end the relationship. He has not replied because he is probably really upset. Just give him a call, and tell him to forget it, or even text him like you already did and tell him to forget the text that you sent him, and to come talk with you.
-Jenna
 

No comments:

Post a Comment